The Leocadia Garcia House was built in the 1840's by John Vale for Jose María García Saenz, husband of Leocadia. After service as a dwelling, the structure housed a general store and a dance hall. Notice the contrasting smoth and rough plasterwork along the walls and around the doors and window openings. A wroght-iron balcony once encircled the entire second floor. In 1848, when Roma became part of the United States, this was the first general store in the community.